Home  • กระดานสนทนา  • สมาธิ  •  สติปัฏฐาน  • กฎแห่งกรรม  • นิทาน  • หนังสือ  •  บทความ  • กวีธรรม  • ข่าวกิจกรรม  • แจ้งปัญหา
คู่มือการใช้คู่มือการใช้  ค้นหาค้นหา   สมัครสมาชิกสมัครสมาชิก   รายชื่อสมาชิกรายชื่อสมาชิก  กลุ่มผู้ใช้กลุ่มผู้ใช้   ข้อมูลส่วนตัวข้อมูลส่วนตัว  เช็คข้อความส่วนตัวเช็คข้อความส่วนตัว  เข้าสู่ระบบ(Log in)เข้าสู่ระบบ(Log in)

ได้ทำการย้ายไปเว็บบอร์ดแห่งใหม่แล้ว คลิกที่นี่
www.dhammajak.net/forums
15 ตุลาคม 2551
 สูตรสันติภาพโลก ภาคภาษาอังกฤษ อ่านหัวข้อถัดไป
อ่านหัวข้อก่อนหน้า
สร้างหัวข้อใหม่ตอบ
ผู้ตั้ง ข้อความ
ratanamanee
บัวใต้ดิน
บัวใต้ดิน

เข้าร่วม: 09 ต.ค. 2008
ตอบ: 13

ตอบตอบเมื่อ: 11 ต.ค.2008, 4:51 am ตอบโดยอ้างข้อความขึ้นไปข้างบน

ดิฉันได้ทราบเจตจำนงค์ของอาจารย์ศุภวรรณในการที่จะประกาศให้ชาวโลกรู้เรื่องสติปัฏฐานสี่ เพื่อให้ศีลธรรมอยู่ในใจคน โดยไม่เลือกชาติศาสนา เพราะฝึกกันได้ ไม่ว่าจะนับถือศาสนาอะไร หากท่านเห็นด้วย เชิญก้อปปี้ส่งต่อๆ ไปได้ค่ะ ทั้งภาษาไทยและอังกฤษ

A=X+Y+Z...The Formula for World Peace

Hanging around at Dallas - Fort Worth airport in Texas before catching a flight to Portland, Oregon for my first teaching debut in the US, I spotted a huge volume of books with Albert Einstein on the front covers. I picked one up, browsed through and saw a quote of the renowned physicist saying:

“Life just like riding a bicycle, to keep in balance, you must keep on going.”

I like to use fresh material for teaching and thought that quote would be an ideal piece with which I could use somewhere and somehow in my pending Portland-Retreat.

I had two days to think carefully about Einstein’s quote and how exactly his saying could help people to lead a better life. After all, people tend to listen to the rich and famous, don’t they? I was totally aware that should I disagree with him and need to challenge the genius’ wise words, I must make sure I had something wiser to offer to my 17 American students, three of whom would fly in from Alaska, Minnesota and Virginia. Otherwise, it would be too much of a challenge or rather a suicide mission!

Then, a familiar saying suddenly entered my head uninvited:
There is no happiness greater than your peace of mind.
I smiled with a relief knowing that with a bit of explaining, this Buddhist wisdom may face up to the genius’ motto.

Saying life just like riding a bicycle, to keep in balance we have to keep going, lacks true wisdom because it is missing any reference to the goal or direction for life. The truth is there are certain stages of our lives, especially at old age, when some people strongly feel they no longer want to keep on going; instead they just want to down, take life a bit easy and probably prepare for a peaceful death!

To me, to keep on going to maintain a balance of life doesn’t make much sense. A good balance of life must come from the inside such as the still mind which will stabilise and neutralise our rough and destructive physical actions.

On the other hand, to state that there is no happiness greater than the peace of mind confirms the very precise and clear goal of life which is the individuals’ peace of mind (the same meaning as the still mind). The Buddha subsequently tells us how to achieve this inner peace, which the answer is to practise the four foundations of mindfulness or to bring your mental self back home (my coinage).

……………………………………………………………..

Among his famous quotes, Albert Einstein also said that if A equals success, then the formula is: A=X+Y+Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut.

This may sound good and make sense to you if you regard success as the goal of your life. But the question will inevitably follow of how one would measure success, as it is a highly subjective and personal issue. A success for a working class man can be viewed as a complete failure – if not, a loser – to those fiercely competitive men and women in high flying careers. Here one could easily engage in some endless and fruitless unnecessary debates.

If, however, you admit the individuals’ inner peace is the goal of life, World Peace is then only round the corner. As I always say: World Peace is the adding together of the individuals’ inner peace – dead simple arithmetic! Peace among humanity cannot begin with stocking up sophisticated weapons for mass killing. That destructive strategy for World Peace is delusional and belongs to dirty politics. It is also the main reason keeping the world society in constant turmoil.
With true wisdom towards the ultimate goal of life, Einstein’s formula can be adjusted to something like the following. You don’t need to be a brain surgeon to understand this simple formula.

If A equals World Peace, then the formula is: A=X+Y+Z
X is inner peace in all women results from bringing the mental self back home.
Y is inner peace in all men results from bringing the mental self back home.
Z is morality in all men and women results from bringing the mental self back home.
Such a simple formula for World Peace is neither idealistic, nor far fetched. It is very much possible if only people know how to bring the mental self back home. Then each and everyone of us can easily contribute towards World Peace just by engaging in bringing the mental self back home on a daily basis.

If this formula for World Peace can be accepted by the world community, bringing the mental self back home will then inevitably be added into global education and will then be a guarantee that humankind will have a chance to live in peace.

Should you be interested to contribute towards World Peace in this guided approach, you can begin your task now by learning how to bring your mental self back home.

You can either:

Read my published books, articles and correspondence on my website some contents of which tell you how to bring mental self back home. The book titled: Bringing Mental Self Back Home is in the process of being written and will be published as soon as possible.

Or

Learn this essential skill through the 18 movements of Tai Chi Qi Gong through a DVD. There is a brief introduction in this DVD guiding you how to bring your mental self back home while executing the serene movements of Tai Chi Qi Gong. Please email nuanrat204@gmail.com for information.

Or

Join my retreat conducted in both Thai and English language. The retreat schedule is in my website www.supawangreen.in.th

Or

Organising a teaching retreat in your local area, I am happy to go and guide you to bring your mental self back home. I only need you to cover my travelling and accommodation expenses; the teaching is absolutely free of charge.

Supawan Green
16 Jun. 08 ร้องไห้ ร้องไห้

ดูข้อมูลส่วนตัวส่งข้อความส่วนตัว
แสดงเฉพาะข้อความที่ตอบในระยะเวลา:      
สร้างหัวข้อใหม่ตอบ

ไปที่:   

อ่านหัวข้อถัดไป
อ่านหัวข้อก่อนหน้า
คุณไม่สามารถสร้างหัวข้อใหม่
คุณไม่สามารถพิมพ์ตอบ
คุณไม่สามารถแก้ไขข้อความของคุณ
คุณไม่สามารถลบข้อความของคุณ
คุณไม่สามารถลงคะแนน
คุณ ไม่สามารถ แนบไฟล์ในกระดานข่าวนี้
คุณ ไม่สามารถ ดาวน์โหลดไฟล์ในกระดานข่าวนี้

เลือกบอร์ด  • กระดานสนทนา  • สมาธิ  • สติปัฏฐาน  • กฎแห่งกรรม  • นิทานธรรมะ  • หนังสือธรรมะ  • บทความ  • กวีธรรม  • สถานที่ปฏิบัติธรรม  • ข่าวกิจกรรม
นานาสาระ  • วิทยุธรรมะ  • เสียงธรรม  • เสียงสวดมนต์  • ประวัติพระพุทธเจ้า  • ประวัติมหาสาวก  • ประวัติเอตทัคคะ  • ประวัติพระสงฆ์  • ธรรมทาน  • แจ้งปัญหา

จัดทำโดย  กลุ่มเผยแผ่หลักคำสอนทางพระพุทธศาสนา ธรรมจักรดอทเน็ต
เพื่อส่งเสริมคุณธรรม และจริยธรรมในสังคม
เมื่อวันที่ 1 สิงหาคม พ.ศ. 2546
ติดต่อ webmaster@dhammajak.net