Home  • กระดานสนทนา  • สมาธิ  •  สติปัฏฐาน  • กฎแห่งกรรม  • นิทาน  • หนังสือ  •  บทความ  • กวีธรรม  • ข่าวกิจกรรม  • แจ้งปัญหา
คู่มือการใช้คู่มือการใช้  ค้นหาค้นหา   สมัครสมาชิกสมัครสมาชิก   รายชื่อสมาชิกรายชื่อสมาชิก  กลุ่มผู้ใช้กลุ่มผู้ใช้   ข้อมูลส่วนตัวข้อมูลส่วนตัว  เช็คข้อความส่วนตัวเช็คข้อความส่วนตัว  เข้าสู่ระบบ(Log in)เข้าสู่ระบบ(Log in)

ได้ทำการย้ายไปเว็บบอร์ดแห่งใหม่แล้ว คลิกที่นี่
www.dhammajak.net/forums
15 ตุลาคม 2551
 The Seven Practices (Venerable Ajahn Mitsuo Gavesako) อ่านหัวข้อถัดไป
อ่านหัวข้อก่อนหน้า
สร้างหัวข้อใหม่ตอบ
ผู้ตั้ง ข้อความ
ลูกโป่ง
บัวแก้ว
บัวแก้ว

เข้าร่วม: 01 ส.ค. 2005
ตอบ: 4089

ตอบตอบเมื่อ: 30 ก.ย. 2008, 5:01 pm ตอบโดยอ้างข้อความขึ้นไปข้างบน

4 Adhering to right speech

ธรรมจักร --------------------------------------------------

Looking back at our lives from childhood to the present, we will find that many times our speech creates problems and conflicts. It destroys friendship and harmony. Even when our words are well intended, they can still bring adverse results. We can unintentionally hurt people with only a few words. Often hurtful words from our parents or spouse stay buried deep in us for years on end. Seeing so clearly how important our speech is to our lives, we must strive to adhere to ‘right speech’, which is to refrain from lying, sarcasm, using rude language, or speaking carelessly. According to an old teaching, think three times before uttering a word. Say only unharmful words, and in certain situations remaining silent may be the most appropriate response.

At the end of each day, review your speech and action. Correct it if you have made a wrong statement. Start each day with the aim to speak only what is positive and sweet to the ears. Make this the object of your mindfulness of the breath practice.

There are five types of speech that are wise, right, unharmful and admired by the wise. They are:
1.Speech given at the right time.
2.Speech that is truthful.
3.Speech that is sweet to the ears.
4.Speech that is beneficial.
5.Speech imbued with loving kindness.
(Vaca Sutta)

สาธุ สาธุ สาธุ

ดูข้อมูลส่วนตัวส่งข้อความส่วนตัวชมเว็บส่วนตัว
ลูกโป่ง
บัวแก้ว
บัวแก้ว

เข้าร่วม: 01 ส.ค. 2005
ตอบ: 4089

ตอบตอบเมื่อ: 30 ก.ย. 2008, 5:27 pm ตอบโดยอ้างข้อความขึ้นไปข้างบน

Teaching ourselves

One New Year many year ago, a Thai lay person brought a Japanese friend to our monastery for the first time because his friend was interested in Buddhism. I asked what aspect his interest was. His answer was that he had lived a normal life until he had been in an accident. After being hospitalized for a while, he became an impatient and short-tempered person and asked for my advice to deal with this. We chatted and I later gave him a short discourse on anger and how to subdue it.

The following two years he came back to the monastery again. The Thai lay person asked me what his Japanese friend has gained after having visited the temple for three years now. Another Japanese friend related to us that his friend spent time daily talking to a Buddha image. I was curious and asked what he talked about with the Buddha.

He said that every time he looked at the image, he was reminded of me and my teachings. Saying it out loud was like teaching himself, which he said was very beneficial.

Evidently, although this man did not have the opportunity to stay and medicate for many days, he appreciated the benefit of listening to a brief fifteen-minute discourse and was determined to improve himself. Also he did his best to apply what he had learned from th teachings in his daily life.

สาธุ สาธุ สาธุ

ดูข้อมูลส่วนตัวส่งข้อความส่วนตัวชมเว็บส่วนตัว
แสดงเฉพาะข้อความที่ตอบในระยะเวลา:      
สร้างหัวข้อใหม่ตอบ

ไปที่:   

อ่านหัวข้อถัดไป
อ่านหัวข้อก่อนหน้า
คุณไม่สามารถสร้างหัวข้อใหม่
คุณไม่สามารถพิมพ์ตอบ
คุณไม่สามารถแก้ไขข้อความของคุณ
คุณไม่สามารถลบข้อความของคุณ
คุณไม่สามารถลงคะแนน
คุณ สามารถ แนบไฟล์ในกระดานข่าวนี้
คุณ สามารถ ดาวน์โหลดไฟล์ในกระดานข่าวนี้

เลือกบอร์ด  • กระดานสนทนา  • สมาธิ  • สติปัฏฐาน  • กฎแห่งกรรม  • นิทานธรรมะ  • หนังสือธรรมะ  • บทความ  • กวีธรรม  • สถานที่ปฏิบัติธรรม  • ข่าวกิจกรรม
นานาสาระ  • วิทยุธรรมะ  • เสียงธรรม  • เสียงสวดมนต์  • ประวัติพระพุทธเจ้า  • ประวัติมหาสาวก  • ประวัติเอตทัคคะ  • ประวัติพระสงฆ์  • ธรรมทาน  • แจ้งปัญหา

จัดทำโดย  กลุ่มเผยแผ่หลักคำสอนทางพระพุทธศาสนา ธรรมจักรดอทเน็ต
เพื่อส่งเสริมคุณธรรม และจริยธรรมในสังคม
เมื่อวันที่ 1 สิงหาคม พ.ศ. 2546
ติดต่อ webmaster@dhammajak.net